Ingredients Prep Time: 15 min Cook Time: 15 Total Time: 30 min
1 large head of cauliflower or 1 bag of store bought rice cauliflower
½ cup + ¾ (for topping) part-skim Mozzarella cheese and Fiesta Blend Cheese (or another favorite yellow cheese blend)¼ cup egg whites OR 2 large eggs
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp garlic salt OR 1/2 tbsp of fresh garlic
1/4 tsp black pepper
Parchment paper or silicone baking mat
*Optional Marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Rinse the cauliflower and remove outer leaves.
- Chop the florets small enough to fit into a food processor and process until it is a “rice” texture.
*One large head should produce approximately 3 cups of riced cauliflower.
4. In a medium bowl, stir together cauliflower, egg, ½ cup of the Mozzarella with Fiesta cheese blend. Add all seasonings and stir.
5. Place the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.6. Bake at 425 degrees for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and add rest of cheese, spread over cauliflower mixture.
7. Return to oven and continue baking until cheese is melted and starting to brown.
8. Allow cheese bread to cool for 10 minutes before slicing into breadsticks.
9. Serve with your favorite marinara sauce.
Serving Size: About 1/4 of recipe depending on how thick your breadsticks are.
Nutritional Info Servings: 4-5
Amount Per Serving:
Total Fat: 12.9 g
Cholesterol: 50 mg
Sodium: 700 mg
Total Carbs: 7 g
Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
Protein: 8 g