We swapped out the mayonnaise and salad dressing for a lower fat version of the classic chicken salad.
Created by: Christel Oerum from Diabetesstrong.com
1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. tahini
4 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. pepper
1 lb. Chicken breast, cooked, diced
1 granny smith apple, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
2 green onions, diced
½ cup cashews, chopped
1. Combine yogurt, tahini, curry powder, salt, pepper, and cinnamon in a large mixing
2. Fold in diced chicken, apple, celery, green onions, and chopped cashews.
3. Serve on own, in a piece of lettuce, or with whole grain crackers.
Optional: Want a more traditional taste?
1. Skip the tahini and use 2 tbsp. of lemon juice. Add grapes instead of apples.
2. Swap Greek yogurt for light mayonnaise.