This protein shake fro our Dietician, Michelle Pollock, is better than Thanksgiving Day! When you get a hankering for apple pie, here’s a healthy twist that satisfies any craving.
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein (Try our Bariatric Advantage Protein Powder!)
- 1/2 Cup Apple or Applesauce
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½-1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Pinch Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Ice Cubes
- 2/3 Cup Skim Milk or Low-fat milk alternative
- Add Splenda or Stevia to desired taste/sweetness OR 1/2 tsp Honey
- Remove skin and seeds from apple if using fresh.
- Add milk, then add the rest of the ingredients and blend well.
Tips for enhancing your protein smoothie:
- Use water instead of milk for fewer calories.
- Change the number of ice cubes to change the thickness of the smoothie.
- Add 1/2 tsp xanthan gum for extra thickness.
- Add ½ cup of low-fat cottage cheese for a milkshake consistency or 1/3 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt. If you are vegan try substituting tofu for cottage cheese.
- Add a tsp. of caramel extract instead of vanilla.